Grope Hamilton Lawyers, headed by long time wine industry stalwart and specialist wine lawyer Mark Hamilton, provides solutions for wine industry matters including:
- General commercial legal advice
- Business disputes and litigation
- Commercial transactions including;
- acquisition and disposal of wineries and vineyards
- leasing of wineries and vineyards
- distribution and agency agreements
- grape supply, processing and bottling contracts
- Debt collection
- Employment contracts and issues
- Environmental issues and preventions involving winery waste
- Wine brand protection including securing intellectual property rights and enforcement by court action
- Liquor licensing and wine export licences
- Occupational health and safety
- Export and overseas markets including China wine business
- Trade protection including packaging issues
THE BENEFITS OF HAVING MARK HAMILTON'S WINE LAW GROUP ON YOUR SIDE
We can help your wine business, cost effectively
If you're thinking all this expertise comes at a high cost, you will probably be pleasantly surprised. Cost efficiency is our mantra, plus, while our service is national, we're based in Adelaide, so our charge out rates compare very favourably with many large Adelaide and interstate firms.
However, where you're most likely to save money is in time. Brief Mark and he can hit the ground running as he knows the industry, has deep personal business experience in the sector and understands its peculiar ways and foibles. He may even shed a business insight along the way.
Mark's unrivalled wine industry experience
Mark Hamilton is a strategically insightful commercial lawyer with great depth of experience in the wine industry. He comes from South Australia's founding family, was a director of a major wine company at 21 and has acted on an extensive range of wine industry and grape growing matters for over 30 years.
Mark also runs his own grape growing and winery operation, Hamilton's Ewell Vineyards, with interests across the Barossa Valley, Wrattonbully and the Lower Murray.
WINE INDUSTRY ARTICLES, INSIGHTS AND ALERTS
Mark Hamilton's industry clout is well recognised. He has contributed to Australian & New Zealand Grapegrower & Winemaker magazine, Australian Vignerons Magazine and has written regular wine columns and reviews for the Law Society Bulletin. Browse these articles below.
2015 and earlier articles
"Mark Hamilton's strategy was innovative and effective. The way Mark approached our particular dispute was to create enough doubt in the mind of the receiver of the distributor that they tended to take Mark's advice over that of their own lawyers."
Peter Schulz - Former Co-Proprietor, Turkey Flat Vineyards, Barossa Valley
"As much as I hate to admit it, Mark Hamilton knows more about the wine industry than I do. He would be a brilliant asset to any wine-related business"
Dennis Davies - Proprietor, Craneford Wines, Barossa Valley